As an NDIS participant in Melbourne, you are probably wondering how to choose a Support Coordinator that will best meet your needs. With the right person for the job, you’ll be able to live and thrive independently with the help of NDIS supports!
Here are 10 tips to consider when selecting a Support Coordinator in Melbourne:
1. Make sure they have experience working with people living with disability. Your support coordinator should have knowledge about the daily challenges faced by people with disabilities, as well as expertise in helping them navigate their way through the NDIS system.
2. Ask if they’ve worked with other participants in similar situations to yours. Choose a provider who has already helped others succeed under similar conditions, so you can feel confident that they know what it takes to get the best from your NDIS plan.
3. Look for someone who has a background in social work or case management. Having a professional with these types of skills and experience can be invaluable when managing your NDIS journey.
4. Make sure you understand their fees structure. You don’t want any surprises when it comes to costs, so make sure that you are both on the same page about how much you will pay for their services.
5. Ask them if they provide extra support services other than support coordination alone. Some providers offer additional advice and guidance outside of the core support coordination package which could be beneficial to your unique needs and circumstances under the NDIS.
6. Ensure they are familiar with the NDIS provider approval process and can help you find suitable service providers in Melbourne. Your support coordinator should be able to provide advice about which services or providers will best meet your needs and goals.
7. Confirm that they have a good understanding of the different types of funding available under the NDIS, so that they can ensure you get the maximum benefit from your plan.
8. Ask for references from previous clients, so that you can make sure their customers have been satisfied with their services in the past. You want to be sure that you’re getting a quality service from someone who has proven themselves to others already!
9. Make sure that they are willing to communicate with you on a regular basis and give feedback about your progress. A good support coordinator will keep you up-to-date on your NDIS plan and provide ongoing advice as needed.
10. Make sure that the provider is registered with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) or an equivalent quality assurance program, so that you know they are providing a high quality service in accordance with industry standards.
Finding the right Support Coordinator can be daunting, but taking these tips into consideration should help narrow down the list of options and make it easier for you to find someone who can work with you to get the best out of your NDIS plan! If you have any questions or would like more information about NDIS Support Coordination in Melbourne, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at 123 Lived Experience Coach. We are here to help!